The Association of Health Professionals representing nursing, Complementary Medical Services and Paramedical Services (16 Health Trade Unions) conducted a protesting campaign in front of the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka on the 17th of November to request to eliminate the anomalies of their wage and management processes including following demands.
- To provide equal over time rates for all health professional without discrimination.
- To correct the errors in the promotion system.
- To increase the special allowance from LKR 3000 to LKR 10 000
- To establish appropriate salary scales and appropriate system and job opportunities for professional degrees.
- To establish a health management system representing all the health professionals.
On the 09th of November also they conducted a one day token strike. But, there is no response from the government. The president of Government Nursing Officers’ Association, Mr. Saman Rathnapriya said if there is no response for this action they will conduct an islandwide two days token strike on 24th and 25th of November.